Having technology issues? Click here for some steps to try before you submit a ticket!
What to do when your Promethean board stops working
If your Promethean board in your room stops working, it can be incredibly frustrating. Before you create a ticket, here are some things you can try to see if you can get it working!
- Perform a full reboot of your computer
- Make sure all of your cables are plugged in at the back of your computer
- Perform a power cycle of your promethean board (steps below)
To power cycle your Promethean board:
- Unplug the USB cable that connects your computer to your Promethean board from the back of your computer (This may have a gray box with a network cable plugged into it)
- Unplug the power cable from the Promethean board.
- Make sure ALL lights are off on the Promethean board (top left flame light and amplifier light on the left side of the board)
- Wait 5 minutes
- Plug the Promethean board's power cable back in.
- Turn on the amplifier by pushing and holding the button on the side for 3 seconds (light should turn green)
- Plug the USB cable back into your computer.
- Hopefully, the flame light will turn white, and you'll be good to go!
If this doesn't solve your issue, please create a new support ticket.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!